I love sitting on a bench or at a street corner and take my sketchbook out for a bit of urban sketching. Here are a few of my drawings! For more examples of my work, check my portrait illustrations, landscape sketches or illustrated recipes.
What is Urban Sketching?
If you are curious urban sketching is a global movement spread through the Urban Sketchers web site. It is best described by their statement ‘See the world, one drawing at the time’ and manifesto:
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
- Our drawings are a record of time and place.
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
- We support each other and draw together.
- We share our drawings online.
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.
For drawing tips, inspiration, and see what I am up to visit my blog.